This option is available to School Readiness and/or VPK contracted providers whose most recent CLASS composite score is ≥ 5. Benefits include onboarding incentives and an option to design your own training plan or participate in CLASS Bonus/Upskill Director training and earn training completion bonuses.
Onboarding Incentives (available to
new staff hired after 7/1/22):
$500 upon successful completion of background screening and 120 hours on-the-job (all providers including school-age)
$700 upon successful completion of DCF pre-service training (all providers including school-age)
Make your Own Plan ***
Apply for a grant up to $19,800 to cover the cost of training/coaching for you and your staff.
- Minimum 24-hours of approved training and/or coaching
- May include compensation for training time and training completion bonus
- Detailed Training Plan with weekly goals and goal assessment strategies
- Itemized Budget*
- Documentation of Expenses
* ALL funds must be returned if training is not completed.
Blue Track Training/Bonus Opportunities****
(available to all early learning
educators – priority given to new staff)
$600 CLASS Bonus Training
- Infant/Toddler Track (for ELEs working with children birth to three)
- Preschool Track (for ELEs working with children three to five)
$700 Upskill Directors (for those working in leadership roles)
*All activities must take place 7/1/22 – 6/30/23
**Background Screening/DCF Preservice Training offered ongoing until 6/30/23
*** Continuous Quality Improvement plan Application deadline is 3/3/23
****Training slots available on a first-come, first-served basis and training starts soon. Apply by 2/24/23 to ensure enrollment